Friday, April 8, 2011

Alivia's 1st Birthday!

Look who turned 1!!!! On February 10th, my sweet baby turned a year old!!! I can not believe how fast this year has flown by. We were fortunate enough to be in Salt Lake for the weekend and Bryan's parents graciously let us hold Alivia's party in their home. We feel so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family who cam from all over to support our little family. And Alivia sure did get spoiled!! Lots of toys and clothes and most importantly the cake!

My little ham LOVES all the attention!
(No idea where she gets it)

I don't feed her sweets, so this was a whole new thing for her. She started off by just licking the frosting, but after some coaxing, she dug right in!


Like most kids, she was more concerned with the box!

Good thing she had lots of help with her toys. Her friend Nahla was so cute
and just wanted to see everything Alivia got.


1 year old
-2 teeth
-Walks, practically runs, everywhere
-Eats everything, but loves fruit snacks, string cheese, and blueberries
-Says "Hi" and "Bye Bye" and waves
-Brings mom her binkie and blankie when it is bed time
-Still loves reading her books and playing with puzzles
-Loves rocks!
-Just started shaking her head when anyone says NO!
Alivia has truly been the biggest blessing in our lives and we love watching her learn and grow everyday. I feel very fortunate to be able to be home with her and watch all the silly things she does. It's crazy how such a tiny little person can have such a huge presence in a home and in your life! She is my big "little" girl and I love that she calls me and that I am her "mommy!"

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What a darling, beautiful little girl! Watch out, though, I have a feeling she's going to give you a run for your money! I think it's called payback...or karma. :)
Come visit my blog if you'd like:
jedandlisasblog.blogspot.com

David and Dahlia Wright said...

Jess!! I love your blog. Alivia is so darling! I miss you. I am so glad you found my blog. Happy birthday last month. :)

Jonathan and Kiri said...

An update! Yay, I'm so glad you posted on this. I was so sad I had to miss her birthday so it's wonderful being able to see all the pics. She is just darling, Jess! I can't wait to see her when we come back this summer. We miss you!!

Love you Jess!